Today the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) published a public meeting notice in the Federal Register (78 FR 25254-25255) of the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board. The three day meeting will begin on June 12th in Washington, D.C.
The Board will address issues related to the President’s recent cybersecurity executive order (EO 13636) including:
• Executive Order 13636, Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity;
• Development of New Cybersecurity Framework;
• Request for Information (RFI)—Developing a Framework to Improve Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (78 FR 13024, February 26, 2013);
• Notice of Inquiry (NOI)—Incentives to Adopt Improved Cybersecurity Practices (78 FR 18954, March 28, 2013),
Additional items on the agenda include:
• DHS Information Sharing Update;
• DHS - investigative discussion on reducing required reporting;
• US-CERT changing reporting categories; and
• Update of NIST Computer Security Division.
There will be a 30-minute period for public comments (limited to 5 minutes each on a first-come, first-serve basis) on Friday morning. Written comments from the public may also be submitted via snail mail (and this is NIST?) to:
Information Technology Laboratory
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8930
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8930