Today the DOT Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS-JPO) published a meeting notice in the Federal Register (78 FR 42997) for the annual public meeting about the connected vehicle research program. The notice describes the program as “a multimodal program that involves using wireless communication between vehicles, infrastructure, and personal communications devices to improve safety, mobility, and environmental sustainability”.
As I noted in an earlier blog post there is very little related to cybersecurity listed on the programs rather extensive web site. This is an item of concern that may be addressed at the public meeting, but I tend to doubt it.
The meeting agenda is briefly described in this notice as covering:
• ITS JPO's Connected Vehicle safety program;
• Vehicle-to-vehicle communications;
• Safety pilot;
• Vehicle-to-infrastructure communications;
• Human factors;
• ITS Strategic Plan for 2015 to 2019; and
• Developing USDOT Multimodal Plan for Vehicle Automation.