Friday, January 7, 2011

Homeland Security Laws Introduced – Day 2

Well yesterday was a much slower day in the House and there were only a total of ten bills introduced, only one of which was apparently remotely related to chemical security issues. That was HR 209; a bill to require the Archivist of the United States to promulgate regulations regarding the use of information control designations, and for other purposes. Again, there is not yet a copy of the actual bill available via the GPO so I don’t know for sure what the bill entails. It looks like it might deal with formalizing President Obama’s Executive Order on Unclassified but controlled release documents.

Starting on Monday, I’ll be back to my normal coverage of new legislation. Generally I won’t report on them until I have seen at least a committee print of the bill, unless it is something clearly of interest. For example if Rep. King introduces a bill named “Making the CFATS Program Permanent” (I know not very good legislative language but it was made up for illustrative purposes only) I won’t wait to see a copy to provide at least a heads up notice.

BTW: The GPO now has a copy of HR 30 available. It deals with just passenger railroad issues, so I won’t be following it on this blog.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */