Friday, September 4, 2009

QHSR Dialogue Extended

I’ve done two 8-hour blocks of instruction for Georgia QuickStart in the last two days and have not felt like doing any writing when I got home, especially since it’s an hour drive each way to the training center. That’s why I am personally very happy to see that the end of the Second Dialogue of the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review has been extended until Wednesday, September 9th. They certainly did not do this specifically for me, but it will allow me some additional chances to make some comments in and on the Dialogue. According to an email I received from Graves Spindler from the DHS Office of Strategic Plans, this extension is being done because of “increased participation and the Labor Day Holiday Weekend”. It seems like DHS is getting even more hits on the Dialogue site than they did for the first Dialogue. Even more important they are getting more active participation, more ratings on the goals/objectives and more discussion of the ideas. If you haven’t yet had a chance to leave a comment on the Dialogue site, take advantage of the long weekend to stop by the Dialogue site and look over what some other people have been suggesting the Department do to achieve its goals. Then take part, put in your two cents worth by joining one of the existing discussions or adding your own unique ideas. To help make sure that other members of the chemical security community look at your ideas, drop me an email (pjcoyle@aol.com) with the link to your ‘idea’ or comment and I’ll publicize it on the blog. I’ll also be posting links to my comments. Check back with the blog periodically over the weekend (or watch for notices on Twitter) to keep up with the links. Maybe we can get some active chemical security discussions going on the site.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */