Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Look at the ‘SCADA Scandal’

Thanks to the wonders of Digg.com; when I posted my listed blog entry on Digg I was asked if it was the same as a blog posting over on ArielSilverstone.com. I automatically answered ‘No’ and continued on with my listing. Then I went back and checked the referenced blog. I am glad that I did. Mr. Silverstone posted this blog back in July, but it is one that is nearly timeless, so I recommend that my non-technical readers go back and look at the SCADA Scandal. It is a well written short history of automated control system technology for non-geeks. It explains how SCADA systems were developed and allows us to understand why they were developed without regard to system security. It is always a good idea to understand how you got to the current state before you try to improve things.

1 comment:

Ariel Silverstone said...

Thank you for your kind comments!

Ariel Silverstone
Arielsilverstone.com

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */