Today the DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration published a 60-day information collection request (ICR) notice in the Federal Register (79 FR 8535-8538) covering eight separate ICRs that PHMSA will be requesting that OMB renew. Those ICRs are:
• Requirements for Cargo Tanks, 2137-0014;
• Hazardous Materials Incident Reports, 2137-0039;
• Flammable Cryogenic Liquids, 2137-0542;
• Container Certification Statement, 2137-0582;
• Response Plans for Shipments of Oil, 2137-0591;
• Hazardous Materials Security Plans, 2137-0612;
• Inspection and Testing of Meter Provers, 2137-0620; and
• Requirements for United Nations (UN) Cylinders, 2137-0621.
Publication of multiple ICRs like this typically means that no changes are being made and that is the case here. The total number of responses and the total burden hours for all of these ICRs remains the same as currently approved.
PHMSA is soliciting public comment on these ICR renewals. Comments may be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal (www.Regulations.gov; Docket # PHMSA-2013-0002) and should be submitted by April 14th, 2014.