The Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) published a notice in today’s Federal Register (78 FR 78506) announcing a public meeting of the Research and Development Forum on January 17th, 2014. The meeting will address recently completed, in process and possible future research programs related to hazardous material transportation safety issues.
Topics currently on the agenda for the meeting include:
• Modeling for Toxic Inhalation Hazard Zones
• Acute Exposure Guidelines and Emergency Response Guidebook Update
• Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
• Cargo Tank Rollover Special Study
• Study on Improving Nurse Tank Safety
• R&D Initiatives on Packaging Testing
• Paperless Hazard Communications Pilot Program
• Odorization of LP Gas
• Safety Effectiveness of Pressure Relief Devices
• Explosives Testing
• Improving the Safety of Ammonium Nitrate Transport
This is a public meeting and people wishing to attend are encouraged to pre-register via email (email@example.com). There is no indication that this meeting will be webcast.
PHMSA is soliciting public input on the topics listed above. There is no mention in the notice about the possibility of making oral presentations at the meeting. Written comments may be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal (www.Regulations.gov; Docket # PHMSA-2013-0261; NOTE: That docket was not active as of 8:30 am on 12-26-13). There is no comment closing date provided in the notice.