Thursday, August 14, 2008

C4ISR Follow-up

I got an email from Michael B Jones, President of The Security Network about my earlier blog about his company’s up coming C4ISR Conference (see: More Info on Robots and Security”). I had asked him for some additional information about the conference. I thought that I would share some of the information that he provided

 

First off I asked about C4ISR. I was right, it is a take off on C3I. It stands for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance. Actually the old C3I doctrine contained all of that except computers. Way back then (’87 when I got out of the Army) computers were not much involved in tactical military operations. Boy has that changed!

 

Since this is not the standard industry trade show (as I mentioned in the earlier blog) they will be signing up ‘exhibitors’ right up until show time. Same is apparently true of the panel composition. No word on if/when a partial listing for either will be available. Best bet it to keep an eye on the web site.

 

Since my lead-up blog dealt (see: “Can Military Robots be Used for Chemical Facility Security?”) with robots and chemical facility security, he did tell me that a number of robotics companies would be in attendance including:

 

  • Foster-Miller
  • iRobot
  • SeaBotix

 It definitely looks like it will be an interesting conference. Besides, it is always a good excuse to visit San Diego.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */