Tuesday, November 7, 2023

PHMSA Portal IE7 Requirement

Today, while looking for some information on DOT’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) web site to answer a reader question, I ran across an interesting piece of information in a text window on the PHMSA Portal page:

Microsoft deprecated IE7 on October 10th, 2023. PHMSA should not have been caught by surprise as Microsoft announced this when introduced its replacement in Windows 10. I was not using IE7 (or its replacement), but I am not a registered user of the Portal, so I cannot determine if my browser would actually work on the site. And no, I did not follow the link to see if it worked.

And people wonder why so many people continue to use old, unsupported software…. 

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */