Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Bills Introduced – 3-21-22

Yesterday, with the Senate in Washington and the House meeting in pro forma session, there were 26 bills introduced. One of those bills will receive additional attention in this blog:

S 3885 A bill to prohibit contracts with persons who have disclosed non-public United States Government information to unauthorized persons.  Sen. Hagerty, Bill [R-TN] 

I will be watching this one for definitions and language that might include this blog within the scope of the legislation. Yep, this may be personal (okay, not directed specifically against me, I am not that paranoid).

I have shared disclosures of a variety of sensitive but unclassified documents (For Official Use Only, Law Enforcement Sensitive Information, etc) over the years. Under current rules that is not illegal, only the persons charged with protecting that data are prohibited from sharing it. To date, I have not been the initial public source for any of that information, but that has mainly been because I prefer to be able to provide links to source documents that I quote/discuss.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */