Thursday, July 29, 2021

Bills Introduced – 7-28-21

Yesterday, with both the House and Senate in session, there were 93 bills introduced. Two of those bills may receive additional coverage in this blog:

HR 4741 To provide for the regulation of digital assets, and for other purposes. Rep. Beyer, Donald S., Jr. [D-VA-8] 

HR 4745 To establish a program to make grants to institutions of higher education to provide courses relating to critical legacy computer languages, and for other purposes. Rep. Cartwright, Matt [D-PA-8]

Okay, I am not really going to follow HR 4745, but I did have to mention it. Back in ’92 I had to take a Fortran class for my Chemistry BS program, because ‘many labs had legacy equipment running on Fortran’. BTW, the professor did not know why the then current version had an 80 character limit on instructions.

I will be surprised if HR 4741 has anything to do with cybersecurity, but if it does, I will be watching for language and definitions that would include industrial control systems in its coverage.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */