Wednesday, March 6, 2019

OMB Approves OSHA LOTO ANPRM


Yesterday the OMB’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) announced that they had approved an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPRM) for DOL’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) request for information on electronic lockout-tagout (LOTO) processes that may require changes to OSHA’s LOTO program. This ANPRM was sent to OIRA for review last October.

With the Trump Administrations slow moving of any regulatory action, I expect that this may be published in the Federal Register by the end of the month.

As I mentioned in my earlier post on this rulemaking activity, I am hoping to see potential consideration of cybersecurity requirements for electronic LOTO processes, but I am not holding my breath.

NOTE: See my Future ICS Security News blog post about eLOTO attacks.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */