Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Letter to Senator Supporting S 3018

I just sent the following letter to each of my two Senators. You can find the contact information for your Senators here. You can either send them an snail mail letter or you can use the link provide to send your message on-line. In either case, your letter of support for S 3018 will help.

Senator:


I write to you today to show my support for the recently introduced S 3018, the Securing Energy Infrastructure Act. As a chemical manufacturing professional I am very aware of the cybersecurity issues surrounding the use of industrial control systems used in so many sectors of our economy.

While the Congress has become more actively engaged in cybersecurity issues, it has for the most part neglected the entire field of cybersecurity related to industrial control systems, even though successful attacks against such systems could put people physically at risk. The attacks last December in the Ukraine against the electrical distribution system in that country provide an obvious object lesson for what can be accomplished by a relatively simple attack on the computer control systems widely used in that industry.


I urge you to support S 3018 and would like to suggest that you become a co-sponsor of that bill. The people of Georgia rely on the electrical systems in this state for their health, welfare and livelihood. Those systems need to be protected. Please do your part.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Thanks for posting this. I've contacted my senators in Tennessee.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */