Thursday, August 13, 2026

Review - CSB Updated the Status of 6 Investigation Recommendations – 8-6-26

Yesterday, the Chemical Safety Board (CSB) updated their Recent Recommendation Status Updates page, closing three recommendations with acceptable action, one with exceeds recommended actions, and one with acceptable alternative actions. These actions left 127 of 1059 recommendations open. Additionally, the CSB updated the open status of one recommendation. The CSB took all of these actions on August 6th, 2026. The previous update was published on July 10th, 2026. 

The number recently closed recommendations are: 

  • Foundation Food Group Fatal Chemical Release - 2021-03-I-GA-R2 - Messer LLC, 
  • Foundation Food Group Fatal Chemical Release - 2021-03-I-GA-R3 - Messer LLC, 
  • Didion Milling Company Explosion and Fire - 2017-07-I-WI-R3 - Didion Milling, Inc., 
  • Didion Milling Company Explosion and Fire - 2017-07-I-WI-R8 - Didion Milling, Inc., and 
  • Givaudan Sense Colour Explosion - 2024-06-I-KY-R12 - Corn Refiners Association. 

The Board separately reported that Didion Milling has now implemented all nine of the recommendations made in the Board’s report on their investigation of the fatal May 2017 explosion at Didion’s Cambria, Wisconsin, facility. 


For more information on the investigation responses, see my article at CFSN Detailed Analysis - https://patrickcoyle.substack.com/p/csb-updated-the-status-of-6-investigation-22f - subscription required. 

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */