Monday, April 13, 2009

Site Security Plan Template

Good bloggers must have better readers. I just received a copy of the CFATS Site Security Plan Template from a loyal reader. I don’t know how it was obtained, or even if it is identical to the one that will actually show up on the CSAT webpage in the (hopefully) not too distant future. But, since it is over 300 pages long, it will give me a head start on reading and commenting on how the SSP will be conducted. At this point I have only had a chance to briefly glance at the document. It looks like it is an actual copy of the pages that will be used to enter information into the CSAT system, not one of the (presumably) two documents that DHS will post on its web site to explain how to complete the SSP process. Needless to say this is going to take some time to review, digest and write about. I’ll do it in my typical bits and pieces. Now I guess I hope that the actual SSP roll-out is delayed until I’ve finished writing about this…. No, I guess I really want to see the real thing, but this will do for now. Thanks again oh wondrous readers. Keep the information flowing my way, and I’ll reciprocate a hundred fold (well a couple-fold anyway).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this legal? Let me get this straight, one of your operatives have clandestinely "obtained" a copy of the SSP template, sent it to you, and now you are going to pick it apart.

I'm not too sure how well this whole DHS thing is working out. It seems like another government waste of taxpayer money.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */