Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Review - CSB Updated the Status of 5 Investigation Recommendations – 9-16-26

Earlier this week, the Chemical Safety Board (CSB) updated their Recent Recommendation Status Updates page, closing three recommendations with ‘acceptable action’, one with ‘acceptable alternative actions’, and one with ‘exceeds recommended action’. These actions left 129 of 1061 recommendations open. Additionally, the CSB updated the open status of three recommendations. The CSB took all of these actions on September 16th, 2026. The previous update was published on August 6th, 2026. 

Closed Recommendations  

The five recently closed recommendations are: 

  • Bio-Lab Lake Charles Chemical Fire and Release - 2020-05-I-LA-3 - Bio-Lab Lake Charles,  
  • Foundation Food Group Fatal Chemical Release - 2021-03-I-GA-2 - Messer LLC,  
  • Foundation Food Group Fatal Chemical Release - 2021-03-I-GA-3 - Messer LLC, 
  • Givaudan Sense Colour Explosion - 2024-06-I-KY-11 - International Molasses Corporation LTD, and 
  • Givaudan Sense Colour Explosion - 2024-06-I-KY-12 - Corn Refiners Association. 


For more information on the investigation responses, see my article at CFSN Detailed Analysis - https://patrickcoyle.substack.com/p/csb-updated-the-status-of-5-investigation - subscription required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment