Today the Department of Homeland Security published a meeting notice in the Federal Register (81 FR 24624-24625) for a public meeting of the President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) to be held in Santa Clara, CA on May 11th, 2016. The meeting will be web cast.
The agenda includes:
• A panel discussion with several notable industry technology leaders on emergent
information and communications technologies (ICT) in the private
• A panel discussion with senior government officials on the
government's efforts to adopt emergent ICT in support of its NS/EP
• An update on the NSTAC Emerging Technologies Strategic Vision Subcommittee's study
of emerging ICT;
• A deliberation and vote on the NSTAC Report to the President on Big Data Analytics; and
• The Department of Homeland Security will provide NSTAC members with an update of the implementation of the Cybersecurity Act of 2015.
The public is invited to attend. There will be an opportunity for public comments at the meeting and written comments may be submitted to NSTAC. Written comments may be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal (www.Regulations.gov; Docket # DHS-2016-0021).