Today the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) published a meeting notice in the Federal Register (81 FR 21533-21534) for a public meeting in Washington, DC on April 20th, 2016. The meeting will also be shared via a conference line.
This is a business meeting rather than an incident review meeting. Items on the agenda include:
• The status of open investigations;
• An update on audits from the Office of the Inspector General;
• Financial and organizational updates;
• A review of the agency's action plan; and
• A calendared notation item related to recommendations 2001-01-H-R9 and 2001-01-H-R10 from the 2002 study on Improving Reactive Hazard Management.
Both of the recommendations that will be evaluated/approved are recommendations made to the American Chemistry Council. They revolve around:
• Developing and implementing a program for reporting reactive incidents that includes the sharing of relevant safety knowledge and lessons learned; and
• Work with NIST in developing and implementing a publicly available database for reactive hazard test information.
There will be a public comment period provided at the meeting and written comments may be submitted for the record.