Today DHS published a meeting notice in the Federal Register (81 FR 6034-6035) for a public meeting of the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) Advisory Committee on February 16th, 2016 via a web conference on HSIN Connect.
The meeting agenda includes:
• Introduction of new members;
• An Introduction to the Information Sharing Environment Office (ISEO);
• State of HSIN; and
• Focused mission growth for HSIN.
In addition, the Advisory Committee will receive three new taskings to develop recommendations on the issues of:
• How HSIN achieves growth in its user base and/or mission application, and the business process enhancements the Program must make to advance its requirements management processes and governance for HSIN's users;
• Support for procurement activities around advanced security and cybersecurity testing to ensure protection of the system and its growing user base; and
• Upcoming infrastructure and system support enhancements with the goal of reducing the risk of system downtime due to aging equipment and older support models, as well as, mitigate funding gaps for these enhancements and future development activities