Today the Coast Guard published a meeting notice in the Federal Register (79 FR 35369-35370) for a three day meeting of their Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) starting August 19th, 2014 in Arlington, VA. The meeting is open to the public.
There will be sub-committee meetings on the 19th and 20th. Each of the sub-committees has different task statements outlined for their meetings. Details can be found via the Homeport web site (sorry no direct links are available through Homeport).
The full committee will meet on the 21st. Their agenda includes:
• Harmonization of Response and Carriage Requirements for Biofuels and Biofuel Blends.
• Recommendations on Safety Standards for the Design of Vessels Carrying Natural Gas or Using Natural Gas as Fuel.
• Recommendations for Safety Standards for Ship to Ship Transfer of Hazardous Material Outside of the Baseline.
• Recommendations for Guidance on the Implementation of Revisions to MARPOL Annex II and the International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Dangerous
• Chemicals in Bulk (commonly known as the IBC Code).
• Requirements for Third-Party Surveyors of MARPOL Annex II Prewash Operations.
• Improving Implementation of and Education about MARPOL Discharge Requirements Under MARPOL Annex II and V.
There will also be Coast Guard presentations on:
• Update on International Maritime Organization activities as they relate to the marine transportation of hazardous materials.
• Update on U.S. regulations as they relate to the marine transportation of hazardous materials.
• Update on Bulk Chemical Data Guide (Blue Book).
• Update on vessel to vessel transfer of hazardous materials in bulk.
Time has been set aside during sub-committee meetings and the full committee meeting for public comments. Registration is required to present oral statements; contact Patrick Keffler, 202-372-1424, fax 202-372-8380.