The Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) published a meeting notice in today’s Federal Register (78 FR 41908-41911) for a public meeting on July 25, 2013 in Washington, D.C.. The CSB will review and vote on the status designations of seven recommendations that is has made to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
Those recommendations are:
• 2001-05-I-DE-1 (revision of Process Safety Management standard to clarify coverage of atmospheric storage tanks connected to process vessels);
• 2005-04-I-TX-9 (revision of Process Safety Management standard to require management of change reviews for certain organizational changes);
• 2010-07-I-CT-1 (issuance of a general industry and construction standards for fuel gas safety).
• 2006-1-H-R1 (from Combustible Dust Study);
• 2008-5-I-GA-R11 (from Imperial Sugar report);
• 2011-4-I-TN-R1 (from Hoeganaes case study), and
• 2011-4-I-TN-R2 (from Hoeganaes case study).
CSB is considering changing the status of the following recommendations to “Open – Unacceptable Response”:
The public is invited to attend the day-long meeting. Oral comments may be made at the meeting. No provisions seem to have been made for submitting written comments prior to the Board meeting, nor is there any indication that the meeting will be webcast.