Wednesday, May 18, 2011

President’s Cyber Security Legislation

I had been going to ignore the recently released cyber security plan from the Obama administration, I have wasted too many hours in the past reading this type policy document from this administration only to find vague generalities and platitudes without actionable recommendations. Apparently this was a mistake; according to a recent blog by Dale Peterson at DigitalBond.com this bill proposed by the President would provide for ICS regulation at critical infrastructure facilities. Dale’s blog is well worth the read and he’s convinced me that this bears closer attention. BTW: Make sure you read the reader comments at the end of the blog post.

Senators Lieberman (I, CT) and Collins (R, ME) apparently think so as well, they will be holding a hearing on the proposed legislation on May 23rd at 10:30 am. No details are yet available about who will be appearing at the hearing. If Sen. Rockefeller (D, WV) holds a hearing on this as well, then we’ll know that the Senate is taking this legislative language seriously.

I promise that I’ll read the President’s proposal and see if I can add anything to Dale’s analysis.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */