Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reader Comment – 04-21-09 – SSP Template Copy

Yesterday Gap57 left an interesting question posted to a blog I posted on another reader comment about the SSP Template that I had received. Gap57 asked “How could a fellow ‘researcher’ get an advanced copy of this document so that I can get ahead start on my SSP?” Boy, would I like to sell you a copy, but that wouldn’t be too ethical would it? I mean to profit from providing you with a copy. But, a trade for information, that wouldn’t be an ethical problem at all. A Special Deal I am interested in information about security challenges, problems or solutions that facilities have come up with. I can not use any information that would be considered CVI, so the information would have to be appropriately cleansed of identifying marks. Post a comment to this blog marked ‘PRIVATE’ (so I won’t clear it to be publicly displayed) with your piece of information and your email address. I will then send a copy of the draft SSP template that I have been writing about. It is a .PDF document about 309 pages long. This is a non-exclusive offer open to anyone that can provide interesting information. Any information provided to me is subject to being written about in this blog, or not, solely at my discretion. If you do want your name or handle associated with the information please specifically state that in your posting. Other wise it will be listed as coming from my good friend Anonymous if/when I write about the information. Caveat Emptor I make no claims or warranties about the accuracy of the draft SSP template that I have. I did not receive it from DHS. Even if it did come from DHS it was developed prior to OMB approval of the RBPS Guidance document so any references to RBPS metrics may be void. The only information that I have any level of confidence about is the material through page 37 of the document (because it feels right), and even that I cannot guarantee because of the source of the material.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */