Yesterday DHS announced the upcoming meeting of the Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council on July 30th. The one day meeting will be held in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Washington, D.C. The public may attend, but may not participate in the council discussions unless invited. Written comments may, however, be submitted.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
According to the notice:
· “The Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council represents a partnership between government and critical infrastructure/key resource (CIKR) owners and operators and provides a forum in which they can engage in a broad spectrum of activities to support and coordinate critical infrastructure protection.”
The agenda for this meeting includes panel discussions between participating CIKR Sectors regarding the following topics:
· Asset-Based Infrastructure Protection.
· Systems-Based Infrastructure Protection.
· Cross-Sector Dependencies and Interdependencies.
· Regional Implementation of the National Infrastructure Protection Plan.